Virtual Meeting Ideas
Check with your school administrators about which platforms are allowed for your school and clubs.
To present a sense of normalcy for your students, keep regular meetings, open dialog, and group activities a part of your chapter routine.
- Use this sample meeting agenda to keep meetings uniform.
- Have an open discussion about the wellbeing of your students; what are they excelling in/struggling with during the pandemic.
- Collaborate on a virtual volunteering opportunity they are passionate about.
- Host chapter game nights! Play Bingo or 21 Questions about a musician.
- Host a virtual talent show and invite students and teachers to participate.
Holding a Virtual Induction Ceremony
It is important to continue to induct students into the honor society to give students an enhanced sense of belonging. Below are some tips to creating your virtual induction ceremony.
- Email the script ahead of time for your ceremony and practice with those who have a speaking part.
- Have each student pre-record their part of the ceremony. Video-edit each piece together for all participants to view and save.
- Mail pins and certificates to your members for a fun â€œpassâ€ from screen to screen.
- Based on your school's settings and restrictions, invite family and peers to watch the ceremony virtually. Otherwise, record the ceremony to share with family and friends who could not attend.