Congratulations to the
2020-2021 Grant Winners!
Bristol Eastern High School
Ken Bagley, Advisor
Chartertech High School for the Performing Arts
Somers Point, NJ
Julie-Ann Green, Advisor
DH Conley High School
Caleb Espinosa, Advisor
Michael Johnson, Jr., Co-Advisor
Fremont High School
Mark Harman, Advisor
Doug Bogatz, Co-Advisor
Hannah-Pamplico Elementary Middle School
Johnathan Greene, Jr., Advisor
Kirkwood High School
Rebecca Friesen, Advisor
Matthew Banks, Co-Advisor
Los Osos High School
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Bethany Encina, Advisor
Solomon Encina, Co-Advisor
Mustang Central High School
Michael Raiber, Advisor
Spring-Ford High School
Emily McGranahan, Advisor
Yvonne O’Dea, Co-Advisor
Stonewall Jackson High School
McKenzie Garrett, Advisor
A Tri-M Music Honor Society chapter at your school could positively impact your student musician’s lives. Tri-M encourages students to go above and beyond in their school and community through service projects and performance opportunities.
These projects bring awareness to:
- Local needs through clothes and food drives, community clean up projects, performances at local hospitals and nursing homes.
- Your music program through teacher appreciation events and performances, a music tutoring program, organizing a 5K or walk-a-thon.
- Your esteemed students by allowing them to use their creativity, leadership, and management skills to plan and execute their service projects.
Read Kansas Music Educators Association’s article about how rewarding starting a Tri-M Chapter is for both students and teachers.
“I joined Tri-M by mistake, and it was probably one of the best mistakes I have ever made in my life. Tri-M taught me how to be a leader by planning fundraisers, finding volunteers, and creating successful events.” – Mari Dowling, Tri-M alumnus
“[A] Tri-M chapter brings together disparate groups of student musicians into one supportive community.” – John Burn, Tri-M Advisor
Tri-M Headquarters provides everything you need to get your chapter started. On MusicHonors.com, you can find:
- Advisor Resources. Find out what the advisor’s duties are and a Quick Start Guide to setting up your chapter.
- Tri-M Guidelines. The ultimate guide to everything Tri-M.
- Sample by-laws to get your chapter chartered.
- Membership Requirements. Aside from Leadership qualities, Service, and Character, your members must have maintained for the previous semester:
At least an A average grade or equivalent in a music related class and at least a B average grade or equivalent in all other academic classes.
- Appointing Officers.
- Chapter Resources, including: Induction Ceremony Template, Sample Induction Letter, Student Membership Form.
- A list of 75 Service Project Ideas. These ideas came right from active chapters!