Student Officer and Member Resources
Whether you were elected into office by your peers or appointed by the Advisor, follow these officer guidelines* for a successful year! It will be helpful to read Robert’s Rules of Order on how to properly run a meeting.
- Presides over meetings of the Chapter
- Prepares an agenda for the meetings
- Representative and spokesperson of the Chapter, on and off campus
- Facilitates formation of chapter goals
- Completes an annual Chapter Summary Report
- Provides motivation and encouragement to fellow officers and members
- Publicizes meeting and chapter activities
- Schedules guest speakers with assistance from other chapter officers
- Educates new members on the history of Tri-M
- Helps organize the induction ceremony
- Secondary representative of the Chapter, on and off campus
- Records the chapter minutes
- Handles correspondence for the chapter, including thank you letters and interactions with other Tri-M chapters
- Reports chapter activities for the Chapter Summary Report
- Maintains membership records
- Prepares a chapter roster
- Maintains the chapter’s financial records
- Teaches Tri-M Loyalty Song
- Keeps record of chapter activities
*The Advisor may alter these duties at the chapter’s discretion.
Considering a career in music?
Read these NAfME publications about careers in music.
Looking for scholarships?
Scholarships and awards are available. Submit an application for the Chapter of the Year Scholarship Award for chapter recognition. Other scholarships and grants are offered to high school juniors and seniors.
Join the exclusive Tri-M Students Facebook Group for chapter advice and collaboration! Network with Tri-M student members from across the country and around the world. This is a great opportunity to share your chapter success stories and learn about other chapter service projects.