Student Officer and Member Resources
Whether you were elected into office by your peers or appointed by the Advisor, follow these officer guidelines* for a successful year! It will be helpful to read Robert’s Rules of Order on how to properly run a meeting.
- Presides over meetings of the Chapter
- Prepares an agenda for the meetings
- Representative and spokesperson of the Chapter, on and off campus
- Facilitates formation of chapter goals
- Completes an annual Chapter Summary Report
- Provides motivation and encouragement to fellow officers and members
- Publicizes meeting and chapter activities
- Schedules guest speakers with assistance from other chapter officers
- Educates new members on the history of Tri-M®
- Helps organize the induction ceremony
- Secondary representative of the Chapter, on and off campus
- Records the chapter minutes
- Handles correspondence for the chapter, including thank you letters and interactions with other Tri-M chapters
- Reports chapter activities for the Chapter Summary Report
- Maintains membership records
- Prepares a chapter roster
- Maintains the chapter’s financial records
- Teaches Tri-M Loyalty Song
- Keeps record of chapter activities
*The Advisor may alter these duties at the chapter’s discretion.
Considering a career in music?
Read these NAfME publications about careers in music.